As I get older, I am trying to live more in the present and appreciate all the little gifts life has to offer. But Thanksgiving is the time to be especially appreciative of all the good things there are in the world.
In no particular order, here’s a list of things I’m thankful for this year:
- My Husband! I fall more and more in love with him everyday. We’ve been married for 1.5 years and I still feel like a newlywed around him. I love giggling, exploring and thinking with him. He’s smart, handsome and fun.
- My Knees! As they say in the “Everybody should wear sunscreen” song: Be kind to your knees, you’ll miss them when they’re gone! I had a year of uninjured running, and for that, I’m extremely grateful. My knees carried me across the Boston Marathon finish line this year. One of the proudest moments of my life. Thank you knees!
- Babies! All three of my bridesmaids had babies or got pregnant this year! It’s the most amazing thing to see your childhood friends become parents. I love my little Harper and baby boy Hudson! (And Baby Cheerio on the way!)
- Family! Living 3,000 miles away from your family is tough! But I was so thankful that I got to go home four times this year!
- Travel! We will never take our ability to travel for granted. We are so lucky that we both enjoy seeing new places and exploring new cities together. Half the fun is planning our adventures, I don’t think it will ever get old.
- My Health! Enough said!
And some not so serious things I’m thankful for!!
- Keurig Coffee Machines
- Dunkin Donuts Coffee from Target
- Rain in Los Angeles
- Having my friends live so close!
What are YOU thankful for?