I was tagged by the lovely Run|Bake|Race for this “11 Things” Post.
-Post these rules
-You must post 11 random things about yourself
-Answer the questions set for you in their post
-Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
-Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
11 Things About Me:
- In 5th & 6th grade, I wanted to be a Paleontologist. I even had a subscription to ‘Archaeology Magazine’.
- Despite all the tree climbing I used to do, I have never broken a bone.
- I prefer Vanilla over Chocolate when it comes to cupcakes.
- I use Irving’s face cream when he’s not looking because it smells better than mine. (He buys the good stuff).
- My first car was a 1989 Honda Accord (with a sunroof). Irving had a Fiero and then a 1983 VW Vanagan. HAHA
- I came in 4th Place in my Sophomore Year Science Fair for doing a project about highway pollution.
- The first R-Rated movie I ever saw was Pretty Woman. My babysitter let me watch it if I promised not to tell my parents. LOL
- I didn’t have an avocado til I was 22ish years old. Irving begged me to try it and now I eat them with a spoon. Mmmm!
- My mom and I were both in the ‘Chess Club’ in school. Nerds.
- Irving and I love to eat at restaurants where we bring down the average age of patrons to 65 years old. Those places are the best!
- I’m only 5’1” and I do a happy dance when I find jeans that come in short.
It is really hard to think of 11 facts about yourself on the fly.
Questions from Run|Bake|Race:
1. What song on your iPod are you most embarrassed by?
I LOVE techno/trance/house music. I’ve loved it since high school and people used to make fun of me, but now it’s all the rage. Irving and I recently combined our music collections and when we set it on ‘random’ and some wierd techno song comes on, he just rolls his eyes.
Other favorite bands: Blink 182, Coldplay Green Day, Less Than Jake, Aqua, old-school Offspring. It’s a good balance. =)
2. What was your first concert?
I believe it was Blink 182 in High School. We got press passes and got to meet the band before the show too!
3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Honestly, I wouldn’t trade anything. I love Los Angeles. I’ve lived here for 7.5 years and it really feels like home now. Second choice: Boston (closer to family). Internationally: Somewhere in Europe, just for a year. That would be awesome.
4. What would your last meal be?
Grilled Cheese w/Tomatoes, extra pickles on the side. Pazooki for dessert. I’m a simple girl.
5. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
6. Do you still have a t-shirt from high school or college?
I actually have a shirt from 4th grade (all my classmates signed it), a shirt from Junior year of High school and a handful of shirts from College.
7. Is your computer a laptop or a desktop?
I have a desktop computer that my husband and I built from scratch! We also have a netbook for traveling.
8. What would your dream job be?
Professional home organizer. We love to organize and declutter. It’s turned into an obsession lately. I’m sure our enthusiasm will die down once the nursery is put together and we can enjoy our family of three!
I also would love to run an ebay store so I can have an excuse to go to the post office everyday. I LOVE shipping things.
9. What is your favorite holiday?
I used to think Christmas was my favorite, but the older I get, the more I like Thanskgiving. It’s so nice to relax, enjoy family and unplug for a few days without the chaos and hubbub of gift giving and the new year.
10. Did you go to college in a different state than where you grew up?
My dream school was Emerson College. I wanted to go there since I first heard about it in 7th grade. I was lucky that it was in Boston, just 30 minutes from where I grew up. I wouldn’t have changed any of it, it was awesome.
11. Do you dread going to the doctor?
Not really. In high school, when I had cancer, I was going to the hospital a few times a week, so you get used to it. Now, I look forward to it for peace of mind and to ask all my questions. I like the doctor even more now because I get to see how my baby is developing and that’s always exciting. =)
I’m tagging Kaitlin with Honey, The Gaga Diaries and Left Coast Contessa. Let’s hear it girls!
My Questions for them:
- Would you change anything about your high school experience?
- What was your first car?
- Did you have a secret hiding place when you were a kid?
- Do you know any other languages? Do you wish you could speak any others?
- Name the top five things on your bucket list.
- Ever have 15 minutes of fame?
- If you could excel at something you currently don’t, what would it be?
- Would you ever want to write a book? What would it be about?
- What’s your greatest fear?
- What was your favorite grade in school and why?
- Twilight or Hunger Games?
Feel free to leave a comment with some of your answers too!