Irving made the most delicious chicken soup today from scratch. Man, it is the healthiest soup and it really does cure everything from a common cold to a bad day. I have to get his recipe to share.
After indulging in the soup and an episode of Secret Life (I can’t wait for the season finale next week!) I headed out for a walk around the neighborhood. I used a new Android app called Runkeeper. It’s pretty neat! I have a Garmin that pretty much does the same thing, but this was really convenient. (It is a battery drain on the phone though).
In about an hour, I walked 3.5 miles.
And while I walked, I completely cleaned out my google reader. Whew! Multitasking!
Continuing on with the 30 Day Challenge, here’s part two of my 30 Things About Me. (Here’s the first half!)
- When I lived in Europe, I worked in our school dining hall clearing tables and setting up placemats. (What? Didn’t your college have placemats?) I got paid an American salary but in Euro currency. At the time, when the dollar was strong, this was a major deal!
- My engagement ring includes a family diamond with an incredible story behind it. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of the strength, success and love of my husband’s family. Perhaps I’ll save the story for another post.
- I bite my nails. But I kinda wish I didn’t.
- I think it’s incredible to watch my closest friends becoming moms. It makes me feel lucky to be surrounded by such strong women.
- In 2000, Ashley and I got backstage passes to a Blink 182 concert and we got to hang out with the band before the show.
Travis, Me, Mark, Ashley, Tom, Me
- The above pictures were decoupaged onto an awesome jewelry box that Ashley made for me in High School. It stands proud on my bookshelf!
- My mom has a home video of me scooping up sand in the backyard. When she asked me what I was making, I answered "A Tuna Sandwich". True Story.
- I’m 1/4 Lebanese, 1/4 Polish, 1/4 Italian and 1/4 Native American (I’m told it was the Micmac tribe from Canada?)
- My dad built a "Beer Wagon" from scratch when I was little. It’s the only life-size replica of the model car in the world.
- I took six years of Latin, three years of Classical Greek, one year of Italian and one semester of Arabic. I really love learning different languages! Spanish is next on my list!
- I don’t watch a lot of TV in general, but we do get some shows on Netflix and save some on the Tivo. My favorites are: Big Love, Weeds, Entourage, The Amazing Race, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team, and of course, The Secret Life of the American Teenager!
- I used to play the piano and the flute, but now I don’t even remember how to read music!
- My happy place is Lake Winnipesaukee. I grew up going there in the summer. I love boating, swimming, tubing and walking on the boardwalk. It is definitely my favorite place to visit in the whole world. It’s so peaceful, gorgeous and full of fun, happy memories for me. It was an easy decision to get married up there. Don’t you just want to jump right in??
- My favorite Disney movie is “The Little Mermaid”.
- My middle name is Lynne. Kelley Lynne.
Anything else you want to know?