Last night, I tried prenatal yoga for the first time. I wasn’t sure what to expect because (let’s face it), I’m a wee bit out of shape. But I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it was totally relaxing and a fun way to connect with the baby. There were three other baby bump mamas in the class and it was fun to meet some new people and compare notes. I think this will become a weekly routine for the two of us.
I have to say though, I’m only 17 weeks pregnant and my belly looked bigger than everyone else’s even though they were all 20+ weeks along! Guess I am also dealing with a Christmas Cookie bump too. Oh well. I’m just owning it and telling people it’s all baby. BAHAHA.
How I’m Feeling: I feel really great lately. Some of my energy is returning (I actually stayed up til 1:30a on New Year’s Eve!) It’s crazy how normal I feel yet so unlike myself at the same time. I forget I’m even pregnant and then I realize how out of breath I get doing simple things. Overall, I really can’t complain since it’s been pretty easy so far.
Weeks along: 17.5 weeks (four months)
Pounds Gained: 6.5 pounds
- Heartburn. Almost every night it creeps up, but soon after settles down. Tums is my best friend.
- Achy hips. My bones and joints have gotten sore in the past few weeks. I toss and turn all night since it hurts to stay in one position for too long. I think this is totally normal, but it’s kind of annoying. Guess my body is just getting prepared for what’s ahead (don’t remind me).
- Headaches. These have subsided for the most part. A cup of tea each morning seems to help. Thankfully my migraines have been MIA since week 8 and I thank my lucky stars every day. (That was my biggest pregnancy nightmare!) knockonwood
- Round Ligament Pain. If I move too fast or turn quickly, I notice a ‘stitch’ in my side. I think the baby is still making itself a home in there and it’s stretching more every day!
- Hearing the heartbeat! Our friends let us borrow their heartbeat monitor and I’ve been playing with it a lot lately. I finally found out where the little fella is hiding out and now I can listen to him/her anytime I want! I will try to record it this week to share it. It’s so magical and fun to remind us that there is something really growing in there!
- Seeing Irving get excited about the baby and our future lives. It’s true what they say about how you fall in love with your husband all over again when you find out you’re having a baby. He’s been so supportive and cute about all of it. He hasn’t missed an appointment yet. I’m a lucky girl.
- Stretchy Pants. The end.
- Walking around with my hand on my belly smiling foolishly at the world.
- I’m starting to feel little baby flutters. Nothing conclusive or strong yet, but just a little bit of feathery movement that makes me giddy every time.
Items we got for the baby:
We’ve been collecting a few things in the ‘baby corner’ of our room. I have been picking things up here and there when I find a great deal (or something too cute to resist). Here’s what we have so far:
- A few cute sleepsacks and onsies from family and friends
- A Safari hat I picked up for a buck at Babies r’ Us
- LA Galaxy Onsie with matching cap and socks (Our first baby purchase!)
- Some cute books and toys
- Receiving Blankets
Goal for this week:
- Take a decent Bump picture
- Walk a bit every night
- Sign up for a pack of Pre-Natal Yoga classes
Next Appointment: Two weeks (and an Ultrasound!!)