Last night, I tried prenatal yoga for the first time. I wasn’t sure what to expect because (let’s face it), I’m a wee bit out of shape. But I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it was totally relaxing and a fun way to connect with the baby. There were three other baby bump mamas in the class and it was fun to meet some new people and compare notes. I think this will become a weekly routine for the two of us.
I have to say though, I’m only 17 weeks pregnant and my belly looked bigger than everyone else’s even though they were all 20+ weeks along! Guess I am also dealing with a Christmas Cookie bump too. Oh well. I’m just owning it and telling people it’s all baby. BAHAHA.
How I’m Feeling: I feel really great lately. Some of my energy is returning (I actually stayed up til 1:30a on New Year’s Eve!) It’s crazy how normal I feel yet so unlike myself at the same time. I forget I’m even pregnant and then I realize how out of breath I get doing simple things. Overall, I really can’t complain since it’s been pretty easy so far.
Weeks along: 17.5 weeks (four months)
Pounds Gained: 6.5 pounds
- Heartburn. Almost every night it creeps up, but soon after settles down. Tums is my best friend.
- Achy hips. My bones and joints have gotten sore in the past few weeks. I toss and turn all night since it hurts to stay in one position for too long. I think this is totally normal, but it’s kind of annoying. Guess my body is just getting prepared for what’s ahead (don’t remind me).
- Headaches. These have subsided for the most part. A cup of tea each morning seems to help. Thankfully my migraines have been MIA since week 8 and I thank my lucky stars every day. (That was my biggest pregnancy nightmare!) knockonwood
- Round Ligament Pain. If I move too fast or turn quickly, I notice a ‘stitch’ in my side. I think the baby is still making itself a home in there and it’s stretching more every day!
- Hearing the heartbeat! Our friends let us borrow their heartbeat monitor and I’ve been playing with it a lot lately. I finally found out where the little fella is hiding out and now I can listen to him/her anytime I want! I will try to record it this week to share it. It’s so magical and fun to remind us that there is something really growing in there!
- Seeing Irving get excited about the baby and our future lives. It’s true what they say about how you fall in love with your husband all over again when you find out you’re having a baby. He’s been so supportive and cute about all of it. He hasn’t missed an appointment yet. I’m a lucky girl.
- Stretchy Pants. The end.
- Walking around with my hand on my belly smiling foolishly at the world.
- I’m starting to feel little baby flutters. Nothing conclusive or strong yet, but just a little bit of feathery movement that makes me giddy every time.
Items we got for the baby:
We’ve been collecting a few things in the ‘baby corner’ of our room. I have been picking things up here and there when I find a great deal (or something too cute to resist). Here’s what we have so far:
- A few cute sleepsacks and onsies from family and friends
- A Safari hat I picked up for a buck at Babies r’ Us
- LA Galaxy Onsie with matching cap and socks (Our first baby purchase!)
- Some cute books and toys
- Receiving Blankets
Goal for this week:
- Take a decent Bump picture
- Walk a bit every night
- Sign up for a pack of Pre-Natal Yoga classes
Next Appointment: Two weeks (and an Ultrasound!!)
You look soo good, Kel!
Im so proud of you!! You and Irvy are going to make the BEST parents in the world. Keep truckin, you look amazing!!
aw!!!! SO CUTE!!!!! I love the L.A. Galaxy onesie. Adorable 🙂
Ooooh mama… you look so gorgeous and I love that you’re embracing the bump! It looks good on you. 🙂 Can’t wait for more of these updates. I hate that we’re 3K miles apart but love following your pregnancy this way. And I’m SO happy you figured out the heartbeat monitor! YAY! It takes a little practice at first, but then you become an old pro pretty quickly.
Thanks! The heartbeat monitor is amazing. It’s awesome to be able to be so connected to the baby in a tangible way. I’m still waiting for those kicks so it’s nice to be able to know something is actually growing in there!
You look adorable!!!! I love stretchy pants and the full panel pants. I am going to miss those when I got back to button pants. 😦 My hips hurt alot at night and it’s so painful to sleep sometimes. Love the baby movements 🙂
Hopefully all that hip pain pays off come delivery time. =) lol Must be the body getting ready. Can’t complain though, it’s been great so far. 🙂 And yes, oh, how i’ll miss the stretchy pants when they are gone. hee hee
so i totally think youre having a boy…especially if you’re that big already!!! YAY!! can you please just find out damnit!!!
HAHA Um half of that bump is Christmas Cookies, don’t get too excited. lol
And no, we are not finding out. lol
It’s great to hear that your feeling good. All those symptoms are the baby growing and unfortunately sometimes painful for you. I can’t wait to see you.
Bob and I are very happy for you and Irving.
I will be back this Saturday so I am sure I will get to see you soon.
Can’t wait!!! See you soon!
I really enjoy your pregnancy updates and your bump is adorable!
Thanks! Hope to get together soon!
That’s a great bump~!
Just remember how huge I was in the Bahamas! You look great! You definitely have that pregnancy glow. Glad things are going well. I also had joint pains. I ended up in PT while pregnant with Warren. The stretches did help. I also did no vacuuming, sweeping, etc. Took it very easy. So glad Irving is so involved. Robert was too and I had lots of people saying how lucky I was. Oh yeah, love the stretchy pants! They are great even post baby until you get your figure back. 🙂