These past couple of weeks have been fun because the bump has definitely arrived!! I waited nearly five months for this! That’s the one thing I didn’t know about pregnancy going into this is that it wouldn’t be til half-way through that I would look outwardly pregnant. I always assumed people enjoyed 8-9 months of bump-ness, but it isn’t so.
How I’m Feeling: I feel awesome! I notice that I’m able to stay up longer at night and I’m not ready to face-plant into my pillow at 7pm every night anymore. I have been going on some super long walks (4-8 miles!!) this week, and even ran for a couple of blocks too. Running feels a little strange to me, like too much is wiggling around in there. But my walks have been really rewarding and leave me catching my breath at the end, so I think my body appreciates the cardio.
And this week I started to feel the baby kick!!! It’s such a strange feeling! I love the little thud, thud, thuds inside. They are becoming more frequent. Baby seems to be most active between 10a and 12p, right when I’m settling into work.
Irving and I went out to lunch this week and for dessert, he suggested we split a cookie. I told him no because I was splitting it with the baby. HAHA I mean really, taking cookies from a pregnant lady? Shame, Shame. Clearly the baby liked it because it was moving around all afternoon after that!!
Weeks along: 19 Weeks
Pounds Gained: 7.5 lbs Total
- Heartburn. It’s manageable for sure, but still lingering just enough to annoy me.
- Restless sleep. I haven’t been able to get a solid 8 hours of sleep in weeks. I toss and turn all night long and nothing seems comfortable. I’m too hot, too cold… my hips are sore, I’m thirsty… I have to pee…. AGAIN! You get the idea.
- Dealing with Health Insurance. We haven’t even had the baby yet and the bills are already coming in. I’m SO lucky that almost 100% of it all will be covered, but the paperwork is so confusing and frustrating to deal with!
- Bloody Noses. I’ve had two so far. I hear it’s pretty common because of the increase of blood in your body. They are not fun though. Especially at work. Ick!
- Snoogle. It’s love/hate. I LOVE my snoogle to help me fall asleep… but if I wake up (which I do!) and it’s still there, I have to kick it to the curb because it gets in my way.
- Memory Loss. Seriously. I can’t remember ANYTHING anymore! It’s getting bad. Baby Brain is a very very real thing. =)
- Food Cravings: Red Grapefruit! I’ve been eating those Grapefruit Cups from Costco like it’s my job. So good!!
- Baby Kicks! I think they’re starting to finally get more consistent. I love the little movements inside.
- Prenatal Yoga. I had my second class this week and fell in love all over again. It’s a small class (only four people last time!) We spent the first 15 minutes or so talking about how we’re feeling, which hospital we’ll deliver at and did a little Q&A with our teacher. So informative. It’s awesome to hear how everyone else is doing too.
- Snoogle…. only to fall asleep though (see above!)
- Reading birth stories and following other pregnant bloggers online!
Items we got for the baby:
Goal for this week:
- Take a decent Bump picture – Yep, still on my to-do list
- Fly to Boston and visit Buy Buy Baby with my mom!
- Order the Baby Bargains Book!
Next Appointment: This week I have two! My regular OB and the big 2nd Trimester Ultrasound
Just a little more than half-way to go!! Can’t wait to meet the little one!
It will be no easy task, but we’ve already cleaned out a ton of stuff. We’re getting there! We’re hoping to be ready to paint by April! Time is starting to tick by a bit faster now! We can’t wait!