Here we go! A Mid-Week Brain Dump! Don’t mind me!
- Kelocity.com has reached 1,000 posts on wordpress! I’ve been blogging in one way or another since 2003! I don’t even think the word ‘blog’ existed back when I started an online diary. I started in college using basic HTML, then I started a LiveJournal account. After that, I used FrontPage to build my own website and in 2009, I migrated to the WordPress platform! Thank you so much to all of you for reading! Blogging has been such a source of happiness for me over the years.
- Guess what? I bought a new purse! And not just any purse…. an Epiphanie Bag! It’s a really pretty camera bag and I am anxiously waiting for it to arrive in the mail! It’s way more expensive than any purse I’ve ever purchased, but it has dual purpose and I’m super excited about it. No more throwing
myIrving’s nice camera into a diaperbag or tossing it into the backseat of the car! Hooray for being responsible (and fashionable!)
- Remember how I made an index card calendar for Adele? I am writing on them daily so she’ll have a catalog of each day of her entire life. Anyways, I just looked back and I wrote ‘2012’ on every single one in January. Since Adele was born, I swear I live in a black hole of time. I’m in denial that it’s ‘2013’ already.
- I’ve been using the same face wash since Freshman Year of College (Clean & Clear, baby!) Still to this day, I get flashbacks of shower shoes and dorm living every time I use it.
- Adele crawled over and took every book off of her book shelf today. I just stood back and watched her do it because I was so amazed by it. Baby loves her books!
- Anyone know of any foods that are good (healthier) alternatives to Cheerios? Adele loooooves Cheerios (both for eating and for playing). I toss a bunch on her high chair tray to keep her busy when I need to cook or something. But maybe there are other slightly healthier options for fun finger foods that don’t have a risk for choking? Am I over thinking this? Are 20 Cheerios a day ok for an 8-month old baby every day?
- I don’t know about you, but I’m so bummed the Post Office won’t be delivering mail on Saturdays anymore! If I had 15 Billion dollars, I’d save the post office! I love the mail!
- We got a notice at the Daycare today that the kids are having a Valentine’s Day party and we have to bring Valentine’s for everyone! I just about died. I’ve been waiting my whole life for this! I’m taking this very seriously and I must find the perfect Valentine cards. Challenge accepted.
- Back when we found out we were having a baby, Irving and I set out on a huge project to go paperless. We worked on it every day for about six months last year. We digitized everything, signed up for online Bill Pay, and digitized and then threw out or sold all of our music CDs. The last piece of this mountain of work is organizing our digital photos. Sounds simple, but I probably have over 500,000+ pictures on my computer. And I’m going through and cleaning up every. single.one of them. One by one. I’m rotating them, doing red-eye correction, deleting the blurry ones and adjusting the contrast. And as if that’s not enough, I’m adjusting the date and time on all of them to be correct and then renaming each individual file so I will know what they are in 50 years (yea yea yea, I know technology will change by then, but we hope to keep up with it as it changes!) So yea, anyways, I’m about 3 weeks away from being done with it all. I’ll share about the process when I’m finished. It’ll be pretty awesome when it’s done.
- Speaking of doing a huge project, want to know how I fit it all in? Here’s my daily routine:
8a Wake up, get dressed, make Adele a bottle. Irving plays with her as I get ready for work. I also prep Adele’s lunchbox for the day with her milk and food. Then I make my lunch and grab breakfast before heading out the door.
9a Work, Work, Work
5p Leave work, pick up Adele at Daycare
6p Arrive back home, play with Adele either on the floor, in front of the mirror or crawling around the house
6:30p Dinner Time. I give Adele her food (usually real whole food — Baby Led Weaning!) and I eat beside her at the table.
7p Bath Time. Then Bottle. Then some books.
7:30p Adele goes to sleep. I clean up from dinner, wash all the bottles from the day and set the dishwasher. I also fold the laundry, pick up toys and do a “left to right” cleaning up the house
8p Attack my digital project (see above). Play Pandora while cleaning photos.
10p Jump in bed to read, blog, read blogs or watch TV
12a Lights out!
That’s my brain dump for the week. Thanks for playing!