Another week in the books! Still feeling great! I didn’t get out for as many walks as I wanted to, but I did do a 5-miler on Sunday and Yoga on Tuesday. I just love my yoga class. This week, we had to find a partner and hold hands while doing squats. We must have done 30-40 of them and the teacher said “Are your legs burning? We’re going to go for one more minute because contractions are a minute long and you should learn how to breathe through the pain.” If that’s not great labor prep, I don’t know what is! I am really starting to get excited about the labor process. I hear it’s no fun, but I’m just getting so pumped for the challenge. I feel empowered and strong enough to do it and that makes me happy. It’s a great place to start.
I sttill have five more months before we meet the little one, but I am becoming more and more anxious to meet him or her. I am starting to have dreams about the baby and some of them are so vivid and feel so real. It’s going to be so much fun.
How I’m Feeling:
Still feeling really great. Heartburn continues to torture me, but all in all, I’m feeling great. I notice my back is getting a little sore, but my hips are starting to feel better. I still have enough energy to get through the day, second trimester has been great so far!
Weeks along: 21 Weeks
Pounds Gained: 10.3 lbs Total
- Heartburn. Ahhh! Go Away!!
- Bloody Noses… had my 3rd one this week. Gross.
- Snoogle. It’s officially been banished to the floor. I admit it was an impulse purchase that has not yet lived up to the hype. A regular body pillow feels SO much better.
- Charley Horse Calf Cramps at night. Any tips on how to make THAT go away?
- Food Cravings: None of note. Although I notice my sweet tooth is going away. I’m actually starting to get turned off by it a bit. (Who am I?)
- Baby Kicks! They never get old.
- Yoga. I look forward to it all week long, I love it!
- Finding the baby’s heartbeat at night and chasing him/her around my belly.
Items we got for the baby:
- None this week.
Goal for this week:
- Start a Registry
- Lift some weights
Next Appointment: Valentine’s Day week. ❤
Highlights of the Week:
- Clearing out more stuff to make room for the nursery!
- Researching and picking out a car seat and stroller
- Registering for our Hospital Tour and Newborn, Labor and Breastfeeding classes (done, done and done!)