How I’m Feeling: Still feeling really great! People keep telling me how lucky I am that pregnancy has been so enjoyable for me. I think I have a pretty calm and chill baby in there who already loves his/her mama.
I definitely felt a bit run down after a crazy weekend last week though. Nothing bad, but I notice I can’t keep up with my old self any more. I have to start keeping that in mind when planning day-long excursions when I’m on my feet.
At the end of the weekend, we even found and ordered the crib we love (it was on sale!!) It should be arriving in a few days! I don’t know what we’re going to do with it yet, but least we have it! So exciting!
Weeks along: 22 Weeks
- Round Ligament Pain. Can’t move too fast in one direction or my (non-existent) ab muscles will not let me forget it. My yoga teacher told me it was all normal and gave me a few stretches I can do to help. I thought it might have been Braxton Hicks, but I don’t think it is anymore. Just my body growing along with the baby. And anything that reminds me that the baby is growing is exciting regardless.
- Slowing Down. I can’t walk around stores for 8 hours at a time. My dogs are barking by the end of the day and I slept well this week.
- Reading about Delivery. I went to the library to get some books on preparing for labor, but after flipping through and seeing some of the pictures (ewwww!) I put them back on the shelf and walked out. Perhaps it’s better to go in blind. Ladi-ladi-da. Butterflies and rainbows, right?
- Yoga. It’s part workout. Part therapy. Part Childbirth Prep. Part “me” time. I always leave feeling strong, empowered, light and happy. It’s a total endorphin booster. This week we did a lot of things that will directly help with giving birth. And um… we did kegals!!? (TMI)
- Red Grapefruit Cups. Irving bought some more this week. The world can turn again.
Items we got for the baby:
- Crib & Dresser (That’s enough for one week!)
Goal for this week:
- Attend a mom-to-be social hour
Next Appointment: Valentine’s Day week. ❤
Highlights of the Week:
- Starting to Register
- Test Driving the Mazda 5. New baby = new car, right?
- 6-Hour Road trip to San Francisco to visit Irving’s mom and grandmother
- Booking a flight for my Mom to come visit in April