I can physically feel the weight of the baby now. I’m realizing that it takes so much energy to do everyday things. Just rolling over in bed takes extra effort now. When something falls on the floor I actually stop to think about whether or not it’s worth bending over to pick it up. haha Baby must be on a serious growth spurt this week. I feel like I waited FOREVER for the bump to appear and now I’m freaking out because it’s already huge and I still have 17ish weeks to go! Gulp!
How I’m Feeling: The beginning of the week was rough, I caught the cold that everyone has been getting lately. It’s hard getting sick when you’re pregnant because there isn’t much medicine you’re allowed to take. None of the good stuff anyways. I took a day off of work and relaxed as best I could. Luckily some non-drowsy Benedryl did the trick and I bounced back quicker than I thought I would.
Weeks along: 23 Weeks
- Round Ligament Pain
- Not being able to take cold medicine
- Skipping yoga so I don’t get other mamas sick =( I was so sad!
- Red Grapefruit Cups. Remember when I ran out of grapefruit cups? Irving got another case from Costco last week…. and now that box is empty too. Need. More. Grapefruit. Two cases this time. (There could be worse things to eat, right?)
Items we got for the baby:
Goal for this week:
- Order the Baby Closet organizer
- Sell some extra furniture items on craigslist
- Walk, Walk, Walk!
Next Appointment: Next Week!
Highlights of the Week:
- Attending a Pregnancy Social at a local baby center. The store had a lactation consultant and two doulas on hand to answer any questions we had and do a mini-panel on things we might not know. It was so great to chat for two hours with other mama-to-be’s. I learned a few things and have a list of things to research.
- Crib and Dresser have arrived! They are currently sitting in my dining room, but still super exciting!
- Finishing my wedding scrapbook and a few pages of my travel one too!
- And in case you missed it, my grilled cheese sandwich was pretty epic too. (A highlight for sure!)