You might (or probably not) be wondering what happened to the daily dinner challenge…
Well, my friends, the streak is over. I didn’t quite last 14 days, but I had 8 amazing home-cooked meals that I’m proud I was able to make by myself. This was a big deal for me, since I really didn’t think I liked to cook.
But I learned a lot of new things and I’d consider the challenge a success.
- I found out that if I have a recipe and all the ingredients, I actually enjoyed cooking.
- It gave me and Irving time together in the kitchen to unwind
- I’m actually not as starving after work like I thought I was.
- If I had a recipe, even grocery shopping wasn’t so bad
- I’m actually a pretty decent cook if I follow directions
- Once things were in the oven, I had time to clean the kitchen and I became even MORE productive than if I didn’t cook.
- It makes me appreciate eating out more, it became a treat
If you haven’t read, here is a recap of the meals I created during the challenge:
#1 – Enchiladas
#2 – Pastrami Sandwiches
#3 – French Toast
#4 – Fettuccine with Bean Soup
#5 – BLTA Sandwiches
#6 – Santa Fe Casserole
#7 – Sweet Potato Shepard’s Pie
#8 – Maple Chicken
And with that, it’s Irving’s turn to cook! Maybe just for a night or two. 🙂
PS…. the key for me is recipes, so if you have any good ones, please share!
I love cooking! I will try to have some recipes ready for you when you visit. I can’t wait to see you–sorry I keep missing your calls. I’ll try to catch you this week.