25 weeks! I’m officially starting to freak out about how fast this is all going! I can’t wait to meet the little one, but I feel like I still have so much left to do before he or she gets here! In reality, I know we’re in great shape, but still a little scary! Winter is almost over and soon it will be spring! Crazy to think my baby will be here before summer even begins!
How I’m feeling: This week has not been the greatest for me, to be honest. I have been coping with a bout of Bronchitis since we got back from Lake Tahoe. Could be my suppressed immune system, the cold air in Tahoe or the cigarette smoke from (sprinting across) the casinos, but this one has been a hard one to deal with. I’ve been on antibiotics since Tuesday, and I’m hoping it goes away soon. This is definitely the sickest I’ve been in a long time and it has zapped my energy and my body completely.
The baby hasn’t been fazed by any of it though; he/she has been kicking like CRAZY! Sometimes even a little too hard. I think I keep waking it up every time I cough and it is payback. Sorry, baby. Mama loves you!
Despite all of that, my heartburn and round ligament pain disappeared this week. Whoo Hoo!
Pounds Gained: 13 lbs Total (down a bit from last week)
- Suppressed Immune System (and not being able to take many drugs when you get sick). Oh, what I would have done for some NyQuil this week!
- Bloody Noses… they’re baaaaack! I actually had my doctor run some tests and turns out I’m definitely anemic and that could be contributing to this. I’m probably going to start taking an iron supplement next week after I talk to my OB.
- Trying to sleep on my left side. They say it’s better for baby, but I am not a fan.
- My bump got HUGE this week and strangers are definitely noticing! A lady behind me in line at the post office this week wished me luck on delivery! (Um, I have four more months, but thanks!)
- My little squirmy baby. I wish I could see inside to see what exactly he/she is doing in there!
- Smoothies. So refreshing, especially when you are sick.
Items we got for the baby:
- This Onsie from Jake and Janie!
- We also purchased our diaper bag! Irving had his eye on this one since the beginning . He’s pretty excited about it. lol
Goal for this week:
- Go back to Yoga! I had to skip the past couple of weeks and I’m DYING to go back!
- Take (and Pass) my 1-hour Glucose Test
- Kick Bronchitis to the curb!
- Attend our 8-hour ‘How to Care for a Newborn’ class next weekend!! We are pretty stoked about this! We have SO many questions!
Highlights of the Week:
- The baby is now old enough to survive outside the womb (with lots of medical attention though). But let’s just hope baby doesn’t do that for another four months, ok?
- Irving got to feel the baby kick a couple of times!!! That was exciting to share that with him. I think he was surprised at how strong they felt! I keep grabbing his hand and saying “feel it now!!”
Previous Baby Updates: