Wow, this week went by fast. 24 weeks makes me about 6 months pregnant! SIX! That is a little surreal to me. I forget sometimes that I’m pregnant until I see my reflection in a mirror and I’m like “OMG WHAT HAPPENED!” Baby is growing strong in there! We had an appointment this week and everything is looking great! Baby’s heart rate was 155. Hard to believe I have less than four months left til D-Day! (Delivery Day!)
How I’m feeling: Still feeling awesome. I’m definitely moving a bit slower than usual, but I actually feel fantastic. I’m starting to feel more connected with the baby now and I find myself talking to him/her sometimes. The baby also loves to dance on my bladder and when I try to gently move it out of the way, it kicks back in protest. And my, how the kicks have gotten stronger lately! Sometimes they take me by surprise. What a wonderful feeling though.
I’ve also started to feel a little anxious in the past week or two. Just general nerves about how life will change once the baby comes. Will I be a good mom? Will I know how to hold the baby? Will I still be able to be myself and do the things I love to do? My pregnancy book says these emotions creep up in the second trimester, so I know it’s all normal. =)
- A little bit of round ligament pain this week, but it’s just a reminder to slow down a bit and put my feet up.
- Mall Pretzels (had one last weekend, terrible, I know, but so so so good!)
- Not getting Migraines. I had two small ones in the first trimester, but have been migraine free for four months. This is SUCH a blessing to me.
Items we got for the baby:
- Closet Organizer – Feels so great to have a place to put all of the baby’s things!
- For valentine’s day, I found this and gave it to Irving. Seriously, how cute!
It says Wild About Daddy. I couldn’t resist.
Goal for this week:
- Go to Lake Tahoe (we’re already here!) My doctor called me her hero for agreeing to an 8-hour car ride while 6 months pregnant. But it was pretty easy and SO worth it!
Next Appointment: I have my 1-hour glucose test in two weeks! (gross)
Highlights of the Week:
- Getting Baby Closet Organizer
- We had an appointment this week and that’s always fun when things are looking good!
- Valentine’s Day! Such a fun night out. I loved spending time with Irving, just the two of us. We savored it.