This week flew by! I got a few great walks around the neighborhood in, it’s been nice to stretch my legs and get some fresh air. The weather has been amazing lately. Not hot yet, but warm enough that it really feels like spring. The baby has been really active lately and kicks constantly throughout the day now. I got woken up a few times this week by the baby. Perhaps good training for the months to come? He/She is now getting dangerously close to my ribs. Each week the kicks are a wee bit higher.
How I’m feeling: I continue to feel really good. I’ve been better about taking time to relax in between all the running around we typically do. I make conscious efforts to sit down more if I’ve been on my feet too long. I caught myself thinking “I can’t wait til my body is mine again” a few times this week, but then I smile because of what’s going on inside my belly. Baby can take whatever it needs from me. Make yourself comfortable, little baby. Mommy loves you SO much!
Weeks along: 27 Weeks
- I’ll do a longer post on this… but I failed my 1-Hour Glucose Test (by ONE point!!) So this week, I had to take the dreaded 3-hour test. I haven’t received the results yet, but I’ve been a little bummed about it. I hope to hear early this week what the verdict is.
- I was also diagnosed (by two different doctors) with Anemia. I’ve known for years that I’m anemic, probably due to the fact that I don’t eat a lot of meat. So now, in addition to my multivitamin, I’m now taking Iron as well.
I also tried to eat a lot of spinach this week, since that’s high in iron as well. I even had some blended into my smoothie this morning. You can’t even taste it. Trust me. =)
- A little bit of my hip pain came back this week as well (What is this, the first trimester all over again?!) I think the Snoogle may have to make a reappearance soon.
- And, of course….Heartburn.
Items we got for the baby:
Goal for this week:
Highlights of the Week:
- The Bronchitis is officially gone! I got better just in time for Irving to catch cold #2 of the season. (Thankfully he’s feeling much better today though).
- Getting a couple of great walks in. Some with friends, some solo.
- I borrowed a yoga ball to sit on at work! I think the baby likes to bounce up and down. =) It’s good for posture and hip/back pain too.
- We toured our first daycare this week. It seems crazy that I haven’t even had the baby yet and I’m already thinking about where I’m going to leave my child when I go back to work! But it’s Los Angeles, and the day care world is insane!
When we went out to take our pictures this morning, Irving said “Ok, want any more?” And I said “Yes, I want to do something fun!” And this is what I came up with:
HAHA Irving was like “Really? You put your hand on the fountain. Is that your idea of fun?”
Apparently, I need to start stalking pinterest for some more creative poses.