This week flew by! I got a few great walks around the neighborhood in, it’s been nice to stretch my legs and get some fresh air. The weather has been amazing lately. Not hot yet, but warm enough that it really feels like spring. The baby has been really active lately and kicks constantly throughout the day now. I got woken up a few times this week by the baby. Perhaps good training for the months to come? He/She is now getting dangerously close to my ribs. Each week the kicks are a wee bit higher.
How I’m feeling: I continue to feel really good. I’ve been better about taking time to relax in between all the running around we typically do. I make conscious efforts to sit down more if I’ve been on my feet too long. I caught myself thinking “I can’t wait til my body is mine again” a few times this week, but then I smile because of what’s going on inside my belly. Baby can take whatever it needs from me. Make yourself comfortable, little baby. Mommy loves you SO much!
Weeks along: 27 Weeks
- I’ll do a longer post on this… but I failed my 1-Hour Glucose Test (by ONE point!!) So this week, I had to take the dreaded 3-hour test. I haven’t received the results yet, but I’ve been a little bummed about it. I hope to hear early this week what the verdict is.
- I was also diagnosed (by two different doctors) with Anemia. I’ve known for years that I’m anemic, probably due to the fact that I don’t eat a lot of meat. So now, in addition to my multivitamin, I’m now taking Iron as well.
I also tried to eat a lot of spinach this week, since that’s high in iron as well. I even had some blended into my smoothie this morning. You can’t even taste it. Trust me. =)
- A little bit of my hip pain came back this week as well (What is this, the first trimester all over again?!) I think the Snoogle may have to make a reappearance soon.
- And, of course….Heartburn.
Items we got for the baby:
Goal for this week:
Highlights of the Week:
- The Bronchitis is officially gone! I got better just in time for Irving to catch cold #2 of the season. (Thankfully he’s feeling much better today though).
- Getting a couple of great walks in. Some with friends, some solo.
- I borrowed a yoga ball to sit on at work! I think the baby likes to bounce up and down. =) It’s good for posture and hip/back pain too.
- We toured our first daycare this week. It seems crazy that I haven’t even had the baby yet and I’m already thinking about where I’m going to leave my child when I go back to work! But it’s Los Angeles, and the day care world is insane!
When we went out to take our pictures this morning, Irving said “Ok, want any more?” And I said “Yes, I want to do something fun!” And this is what I came up with:
HAHA Irving was like “Really? You put your hand on the fountain. Is that your idea of fun?”
Apparently, I need to start stalking pinterest for some more creative poses.
We are getting ridiculously excited to meet the little one!
Previous Baby Updates:
Be careful about vitamins. I learned not all vitamins are equal. If it has any natural or artificial coloring or flavoring in it then its not 100% natural. The huge bottle of vitamins I would get from costco are riddled with them. If they are natural they have like very few ingredients in them. Just thought you might like to know with the little one in there 🙂
p.s. is there any reason I am not on your blogroll anymore aside from my blog breaking and completely looking like I ran away? 🙂
Hi! Thanks for the info on vitamins!
I’ll add you back to the blogroll! =)
Hahah… I don’t think there’s much you can do with a fountain pic without actually touching the water. =)
lol exactly! hahaha
I love the cute photos at the end of you two :). I am sure your 3hr test will be find since you failed by 1 point. How annoying!!!! Watch out for those rib kicks, they can be painful at times and other times they just leave their feet in your ribs. I find that walking or laying down forces them to move their feet away from your ribs a bit.
That fountain/do something fun part just literally made me die laughing out loud. My husband now thinks I’m losing it. I love you and your adorable little family. You and Irving look so happy! Sending you good luck vibes on the 3-hour test results. Keep us posted!! xoxo
HAHAHA We’re loving this adventure so far. Hope to see you guys soon!
You look SO happy this week! Can’t help but smile at the pics!
awe, thank you! You just made my day!
Love the new shirt. Super cute!
These pictures are so sweet. Love ’em.
I had Gestational Diabetes with Sydney. Failed the one hour, failed the 3-hour. Diabetes disappeared as soon as she was born. And the diet wasn’t as awful as I imagined. With Brooklyn they skipped me right to the three hour early on in the pregnancy and then again later in the pregnancy but had no traces of GD at all.
Yea, I hear it’s pretty common. We’ll see!
Your mom used to throw me through windows, pinch me, make me cry, and voice record my rediculousness. Kick on!! 😉
HAHAHA Little sisters are the BEST!
You look great! You will make a great mom! My guess is that your 3 hour test will be fine since you failed only by 1 point. I learned during my pregnancies that some doctor’s offices have different benchmarks for “failure”. So in all likelihood you’ll be fine. I had to do the 3 hour with Laura and then was fine. I think I failed my 1 hour by only a point or two.
Do you have any ideas for paint colors yet? I hear green and yellow are great together. 🙂 Definitely avoid purple and yellow though.
We got our paint today! We’re doing a minty baby green. =)
you look great! Hope the outcome of the 3 hr test is good 🙂