I’m officially into the 3rd (and final!) trimester!! Hard to believe that I’m already this far along! Time definitely has picked up and having a baby is becoming more real! I can now predict sleep patterns of the baby and it’s fun to know when he/she is awake or sleeping. Last night, the baby was kicking so strongly! I told Irving to come feel it and once he put his hand on my belly, the baby stopped! So I poked it a little bit and woke it back up again so he/she would kick! And it worked! Mother of the year, right here! (Does anyone know if there is research that says that is a bad idea? I kind of felt bad after.) hee hee. I love you, baby!
Yesterday, Irving and I went to the LA Galaxy soccer game. He is SO excited to bring the baby to the games. Maybe by the end of this season he’ll be able to! They gave out these shirts for St. Patrick’s Day. I was happy it fit over my bump… but then I just felt frumpy and unattractive so I changed back. HAHA
How I’m feeling: Feeling fantastic overall. My belly is definitely getting in the way more than ever. I bent over to put something on the floor this week and it seriously took me five minutes to recover. I felt like I ran up a flight of stairs or something. I’m not able to eat as much as I used to either. I get full after half a meal (sometimes less!) Not too much room in there anymore. I am LOVING my bump though. I love when strangers comment on it and ask me when I’m due! It’s so exciting to know the world is noticing that little miracle inside!
Weeks along: 28 Weeks
Pounds Gained: 13.5 lbs Total (Down a pound from last week! Trust me, I’m eating my share of dessert too! My doctor isn’t concerned though. I think the low weight gain is hereditary since my mom only gained 23 pounds total with me! Let’s hope it doesn’t all catch up to me in these final 2-3 months!)
- Juuuuust heartburn! The tums are borderline not even working anymore. I need to talk to my doctor about Zantac or Prilosec (though I’d like to avoid that if possible).
- Learning about the baby’s personality! It’s crazy how active he/she is now! More than I ever thought possible! It makes me laugh sometimes because I just can’t believe there’s a baby in there!
- Setting up the nursery! I can’t believe it’s finally time to start setting up the nursery! Can’t wait to share it all with you too!
Items we got for the baby:
- Curtains! We ordered some curtains from JC Penney to match the valance! I think they’ll look great against the green walls once they are painted! It is starting to feel like a baby’s room!
- Books!! I got a ton of books for the baby this weekend at a consignment store. I was SO excited. I can’t wait to fill bookshelves and read to my little one. I hope he/she loves books as much as I do!
WeIrving will be painting the baby’s room this week!! It’s a light green to match the curtains. And after that, we can start putting the crib together!!!!
Goal for this week:
- Get the room painted!
- Steam Clean the rug.
- Move furniture back into the Baby’s Room and start to set up crib?!
Highlights of the Week:
- Finding out I passed the 3-Hour Glucose Test!
- Learning that baby is head down! I know that could change in the next 10-12 weeks, but it made me excited to know this!
- Possibly found a daycare we really liked! This has been a somewhat stressful process, but I’m really excited we at least have an option we feel comfortable with. Feels like a weight has been lifted for sure!
- Getting a new water bottle! I don’t drink enough water; I’ve always been bad about this. But I finally bit the bullet and bought a 22-ounce water bottle. Let the hydration begin (better late than never, right?)
- I watched ‘The Business of Being Born’ and it made me SO excited for the delivery. I’m not too scared about it and I’m really looking forward to my childbirth class (which will be the end of April). It’s such a beautiful process and I really hope to learn as much as I can so I can enjoy it!
- Ladies and Gentlemen: The Snoogle has officially made a re-appearance! It is no longer sleeping on the floor. I’ve been comfortably enjoying it for the past week or so. Whoo Hoo!! But I refuse to spend $25 on a Snoogle Cover (it’s a pillowcase, people! That’s ridiculous!) So I took four old pillow cases I had and sewed them all together on my sewing machine this weekend. Viola! Free Snoogle cover. Success!