Something definitely changed this week. All of a sudden I have become SO aware of my bump and I’ve noticed that I’ve slowed way down compared to previous weeks. I’m getting winded easily and I have to put my feet up way more often than before. But I think it’s a good thing because mentally I’ve slowed down as well and I’m really starting to get excited for the next 10 weeks or so.
How I’m feeling: Overall, still feeling really good! I just get tired easily now and have to take more frequent rest breaks throughout the day. But I really can’t complain, that all sounds normal. I had some sciatic nerve pain develop this week that really only rears its head right when I crawl into bed. Thankfully it hasn’t crept up during the day at all though. I’m just trying to soak in as much of the pregnancy ‘happies’ as I can fit. I am trying to savor every moment and remember every detail. It just feels SO special and I’m really enjoying it.
Weeks along: 29 Weeks
Pounds Gained: 13.7 lbs Total(!)
- Sciatic Nerve Pain. I notice it got worse the day after yoga this week, so I’m wondering if I over-stretched something or twisted something the wrong way. I usually roll around on a tennis ball or a rolled-up towel at night and that usually does the trick.
- Heartburn. I know, I’m a broken record about that now.
- Trouble Sleeping. Lately I have a hard time finding a comfortable position. And rolling from one side to the other takes so much work! I’m also waking up more frequently at night to use the bathroom and I just can’t sleep in long stretches of time anymore. Mama needs to rest!
- I felt a FOOT move across my belly this week!!! I could SEE it moving! I read about this, but nothing quite prepared me for awesome it would be when it actually happened! The kicks are strong and the squirming has become so obvious to me now! Maybe he/she is running out of room, but I am LOVING it. When I start to feel the movement going on, I lift up my shirt real quick to catch the baby in action. So cool.
- I can also predict the baby’s sleeping habits like clockwork. I know that he/she is the most active at 10am, 4pm and 10:30pm. I can usually count on getting some great kicks in around those times now. I can’t believe the baby is old enough to do this!
Items we got for the baby:
- Thank you SO much to Amanda for the SUPER cute outfits!!! So in love with them!
Goal for this week:
- No expectations this week. Just to relax and continue putting our house back together!
Highlights of the Week:
- Irving painted the baby’s room this week! I have TONS of pictures coming, don’t worry.
- We built the crib and changing table! Baby has furniture!
- I read Jenny McCarthy’s book Belly Laughs. It’s a quick, easy read and so hilarious.
- Irving and I went to the Home Depot Center for the LA Galaxy Open House yesterday. Got to see some of our favorite players out practicing on the field! With all the kicking going on inside my belly, looks like we might have a little soccer player in there, perhaps!
Stay tuned for a fun surprise later this week! We’ve been working hard on it! =)
Previous Baby Updates:
there are times that nerve pain can be severely debiliating. i also hate high intensity nerve pain which can be quite disturbing. :”`.:
Kind thanks http://foodsupplementdigest.com/st-johns-wort-side-effects/
Oops, time lapse in different post. I suck! Hehe.
29 weeks! You’re officially farther along than I made it! lol The baby’s room looks awesome. I LOVE the time lapse, you guys are too cute.
I know it’s crazy to think the baby is old enough to survive outside now! I thought of you! Yours are doing amazing. =) So so cute!
Yup! I’d stick it out another 10 weeks or so though! Better for your stress levels 🙂
I can’t believe that you are almost in your 30’s!!!! I have to say that comfort level keeps going down as the weeks progress :(. I can’t wait to see all your nursery pics. The husband has yet to put together our baby’s furniture so we are WAY behind. hahaha
I hear you don’t even need the crib for a few months after the baby is born anyways. =)