Wow, I’m officially into ‘the thirties’!! That seems impossible! I feel like I was just 17 weeks and wishing for my bump to grow faster! Now I’m hoping it all slows down because I don’t want it to end. I absolutely love being pregnant. I know for a fact that I’ve never been happier. I feel so content with life at the moment and I’m just SO excited for what’s in store in the next few months. I’m trying to soak up as much information about birth, breastfeeding, parenting and babies as I possibly can.
How I’m feeling: I’m still feeling awesome physically and emotionally. I feel like I’ve been in a constant good mood lately. But I’ve also been sleeping a little bit better so I’m sure that has a lot to do with it. My iron supplements have made a HUGE difference in my energy levels too. And I think it was a catalyst for better eating these past couple of weeks. I’ve been consuming lots of salads and fruit (balanced with a fair share of cupcakes too, don’t be fooled), but at least I have the nutrients of all those veggies!
Weeks along: 30 Weeks
- I have had some sciatic pain though that usually creeps up every night before bed. I am foam rolling my lower back and using tennis balls to massage out some kinks and that usually does the trick.
- Heartburn. I’m over it…. At least I know I won’t have a calcium deficiency anytime soon with all the tums I’ve been popping!
- I kind of really miss beer. I was never a huge drinker… but lately, all I want is a frosty mug of beer. Especially on Friday afternoons. 10 more weeks!
Still going migraine-free! This is seriously so exciting for someone who used to get them multiple times a week. YAY!
Baby kicks! Hi baby!
Snoogle. We’re BFF’s again.
Items we got for the baby:
- I picked up a couple of onsies from Old Navy on sale this week! Tried to get as gender neutral as possible. So cute!
- I bought some nursing supplies at Motherhood Maternity and when I signed up for their member program they gave me a goodie bag. Another free bottle! Score!
Highlights of the Week:
- I saw The Hunger Games with my friend, Janet! Loved it! I think the baby did too. Every time the music got loud, he/she would start kicking.
- Finishing up the Baby’s Room! So exciting.
- Seeing Baby Gaga! It is always fun when East Coast friends come to visit LA! We miss them!
(Photo from Baby Gaga!)
- Irving and I had a fun date night last night! We had dinner at Fleming’s Steakhouse and I ordered filet mignon for the first time ever. We made sure to really enjoy the nice meal together because our opportunities for solo nights out at nice places will be slim in the next few months!
Goal for this week:
- Yoga! I skipped this week so I’m excited to go back.
- We have a prenatal appointment this week! Excited to hear how the baby is doing.
- We’re attending a baby-wearing clinic on Saturday. I’m leaning towards the Ergo, thoughts?
Our ‘To-Do Before Baby’ list is shrinking! I’m down to only a few projects (mainly VHS digitizing and digital photo organizing). One thing I checked off this week is copying my box of recipes to cards and organizing them alphabetically (nerdy, I know). But it was a relaxing thing to do on a Sunday morning with a cup of tea.
Previous Baby Updates:
You are looking fantastic!!
Auntie Laurie is getting so excited!! 🙂
Looks like you are happy, healthy, and enjoying life! A stress free mom leads to a stess free baby! Keep up the hard work, you are doing awesome! Read a few pages from Dr. Seuss in Utero… remember, your little one can hearrr youuuuu!!
The baby is coming quickly, so exciting!
It drives me nuts looking for gender neutral stuff. I feel like they make it harder than it needs to be.
Oh and I got an Ergo 🙂
Looking good and welcome to the 30s!!!!! I can’t believe you are already there, time really is flying :). I signed up for the Motherhood Maternity stuff too and they send some goodies in the mail as well. You’ll start to see things showing up soon.