I’m definitely slowing down, my muscles and joints are definitely feeling the effects of pregnancy all of a sudden. I still really do feel pretty good, but by the end of the day, I’m completely wiped out. All par for the course though so all in all, no huge complaints. It was a fun week filled with friends, productivity and relaxation.
How I’m feeling: I can’t lie… this past week has been tougher than any in the past. I think the third trimester has caught up to me. Most days I still feel pretty good, but I’ve had the backaches, heartburn, sore muscles and fatigue this week. I honestly think my backache may have been caused by the heartburn, but now that I’ve been taking Zantac, it’s subsided. Overall, I just feel more tired than usual. Sometimes this is frustrating because I’m someone who likes to go, go, GO all the time! But I’ve completely surrendered to my body and I’ve been going to bed at 9:30 at night. Whatever didn’t get done just has to wait til the next day. We are 100% in nesting mode now!
PS: This is the ‘Easter Edition’! I thought the colored eggs were a nice touch. hee hee
Pounds Gained: 14 lbs Total (Back down again?! I’ve been eating smaller meals since I can’t fit that much in there anymore. I wonder if that’s to blame this week?) I’ll make up for it with Easter goodies this week, don’t worry.
- Achey back, joints and feet. My doctor laughed when I told her. She shrugged and nodded and said “Yep, that’s what happens”. haha
- Feeling more tired than before. But I’ve been enjoying the extra hours of sleep.
- I’m seriously running out of shirts that fully cover my bump!
- Even after eating a small amount of food, I get really really full super fast. My whole stomach gets hard after a meal.
- My belly button has almost popped out!!!!
- I was signed up to run a half marathon yesterday (I purchased it before I knew I was pregnant.) It was sad to go to the expo and pick up my bib and know I wouldn’t be toeing the line with the other runners this time. I’m SO excited for my return to running in the fall.
- Rubbing that big belly! I can feel all kinds of movement in there.
- Going to the doctor and getting a good report. We love hearing the heartbeat, knowing the baby is still head down and that everything is right on track! Grow, baby, Grow!
- I have to keep track of the baby’s kicks now. Every night I have to lie on my left side and count the kicks. I have to get 10 within an hour. My doctor gave me a chart to keep track. So far, I can easily get all 10 within 10-20 minutes. Our baby is such an over-achiever!
- I love trying to guess if there’s a boy or a girl in there! I daydream about what it would be like for either! I’m getting SO excited to meet the baby!!
Blue or Pink? Pink or Blue?
Items we got for the baby:
- My friend, Janet, gave us this super soft lovey! Her baby loves to fall asleep on it and I’m sure my little one will too! Love it! Thank you!
- Irving’s friend Brian also sent this onsie to us! I LOVE Dr. Suess!!!! So cute!
Highlights of the Week:
- Irving took me to Olive Garden last night!!!!! I told him it was for sure the highlight of the week. I enjoyed every bite of my soup, salad and breadsticks. So so so good.
- Seeing American Idiot last week downtown!
- Going for a walk with Erika and her little girl, Sophie! (Boy, I needed that!)
- Organizing my spice racks, bathroom drawers and cleaning supplies. (All three of those had been on the to-do list for months!)
- Getting the green light to take Zantac. I can’t even explain the joy. Heartburn be gone!! (So far, so good!)
- Our appointments are two weeks apart now!
- Yoga! Had a great class this week that left me shaking by the end! Felt good to sweat!
- We attended a ‘Baby Wearing’ clinic yesterday! We really liked the Moby, but it looks like the Ergo is still the best option for us. Still have to mull it over a little more though. Decisions, Decisions.
There’s nothing cuter than seeing your husband get excited about a Babies R’ Us flier!
Goal for this week:
- Getting ready for a week of exciting guests! Irving’s sister is coming out on Friday! And my mom flies in on Saturday! Living far away from family is tough so it’s always awesome when people make special trips out here!! YAY!!
Happy Easter/Passover everyone!!! I’m so excited to celebrate the holidays with my little baby next year!!
Previous Baby Updates:
I can’t wait to see you on Friday and feel the baby kick!!!
Baby can’t wait to kick for Aunty!!!
that’s interesting about keeping track of the baby’s kicks. Andy would probably annoy me when I was tracking them by saying, “he’s gonna be a soccer player!” he always says that about pregnant bellies.Weirdo.
You’re in the single digits of weeks to go! CRAZYexciting 🙂
HAHA I go back and forth between thinking the baby is playing soccer, swimming or playing the drums. It’s hard to tell. But it seems he/she has a very busy schedule in there. ha!
AHHH, you look so cute. I want to rub your belly. Little bugger looks like he must be so comfy in there. You are down to weeks!!! PS… crib and babys room looks good! PPS… you have super stylish maternity clothes. 🙂
And i said “he” as if I was so confident it was a boy. Hm, my vote is boy.
haha I’m leaning towards boy now too. We’ll find out in two months!!!
Ooh I remember having to stop eating because you ran out of room, rather than stopping because you were no longer hungry. That sucked!! 31 weeks is great, have they said how much the baby weighs by now?
And do you have any feelings one way or the other on boy or girl??
I’m not sure how much the baby weighs, but my app says 3.5 pounds. haha
I keep flip flopping on what I think the gender is. I was thinking girl, but lately my dreams are about a boy! It will be exciting the moment we find out though!