It appears the 3rd trimester is a roller coaster of good weeks and bad weeks. This week I felt fantastic. I had lots of energy, zero aches and pains, minimal heartburn and I’m just plain happy. I am so in love with my bump and I’m really enjoying this adventure.
Today, Irving’s sister EJ and her wife, Sarah, were visiting and we ventured down to Venice Beach. They wanted to see the ocean and the boardwalk, but I was like ‘Photoshooooot!’. I can’t wait to explore LA all over again once the baby arrives.
How I’m feeling: I feel wonderful. I’m so thankful for my relatively uneventful and enjoyable pregnancy. Now that I’m in the final 8 weeks, I’ve become even more grateful for the chance to become a mother. I love my little one so fiercely and I just can’t wait to kiss that little baby forehead for the first time.
- Hot Flashes! Where did those come from. I’m always putting the AC on in the car now. And I ask people all day long “Is it hot in here, or is it just me?” It’s ALWAYS just me. haha Even down by the beach this morning I was a little warm even though it was only 55* out!
- Charlie Horses. My calf muscles seize up a few times in the night and I have to get out of bed to stretch them out.
- I’m prettttty sure my belly button has officially popped out.
- Feeling the baby move inside. I can tell that he/she is running out of room, but that just makes the kicks and squirms more fun. I feel them all over my belly throughout the day.
- I’m in love with strawberries, dairy and cereal lately.
Items we got for the baby:
- EJ and Sarah gave us this handmade baby blanket that a friend made. I LOVE it. So sweet.
- And this awesome onsie from their favorite popcorn store in Indianapolis, IN. ‘Just Popped Out’. HAHA I love that it is long sleeves and so super soft.
Highlights of the Week:
- I had a dentist appointment this week. I know that you’re not supposed to go in the 1st or 3rd trimester, but I never got around to rescheduling. When I got in, they tried to turn me away, but I told them it was fine. HAHA luckily I got a good report, no cavities!
- EJ and Sarah came to visit! It was a short 24 Hour trip, but we had SO much fun with them.
- I’m picking my mom up from the airport in an hour!!! I’m so excited to see her! Two family visits in one week!
Goal for this week:
- Doctor’s appointment in a few days!
- Hospital Tour! I can’t wait to see where we’ll be delivering!
- Daycare Tour of a place that was recommended to us.
- Do some touristy Hollywood things with my mom. Why not, right?
Previous Baby Updates:
New follower from the So Cal Bloggers Group just popping in to say hi and ADORABLE, congrats!
I’ve noticed that you seem more and more comfortable as each week goes by – and looking good!
Personally, I like that your belly button popped out. Haha. MORE PICTURES!!
Looking good, soon to be mama :). I love love love that homemade blanket that you got as a gift. 3rd tri is definitely a mixed bag of good and bad. As I’m getting to the end, there aren’t any good days.. hahaha but at least I know the days are numbered. Hope you have a wonderful time with your mom visiting! I am always hot too and the NJ weather of almost 90 degrees tomorrow isn’t going to help.
You look SO good, Kel!!! Not like a woman who is about to pop in 8 weeks… that’s for sure. Lovin’ all the cool photoshoot pics. I’m so glad this baby has been good to his/har mama. That’s a sign of more good things to come. Have fun with the fam! Shoot.. I forgot to coordinate the Snap N’ Go with your mama. We will figure this out somehow. xo
Love that top on you!
And “Just Popped Out”!! So cute!