WHooo Hooo!! I actually got some sleep this week!!! I’ve had 4 solid nights of sleep in a row, and man, it makes all the difference. I feel like a million bucks again. And when I get sleep, I get less cranky, so you’re welcome. I just can not believe how fast these weeks are ticking by. I had a friend deliver her baby this week almost two weeks early! This totally freaked me out because IF I were to go early… that would mean I have just 3 weeks left! Crazy! It probably won’t happen early (my doctor said there are absolutely no signs of it), but it’s crazy to think that it could!
How I’m feeling: Feeling pretty good—all things considering! My stomach has seriously expanded this week and my bump is starting to seriously get in the way. haha. It was actually hard for me to do dishes this week since I couldn’t get close enough to the sink really. My mom asked me if I could still drive and I noticed I have about 3 inches leeway before that will start to be a problem too! The baby is really starting to run out of room, I feel bad! I bet he/she can’t wait to stretch out!
- Braxton Hicks (I think!) Last week I thought I was having round ligament pain again (which had disappeared in the 2nd trimester), but now I’m convinced what I’m feeling are actually Braxton Hicks. I can feel them in the middle of the night and it feels like my whole stomach has a muscle cramp, particularly in my lower belly. Once I move a bit, it relaxes. Is that what they feel like?
- Heartburn. Not even Zantac can kill you, heartburn. Hopefully it will dissipate a bit once the baby drops a little lower in a couple of weeks.
- Pregnancy Brain. It’s getting worse! It’s actually getting funny how absent minded I can be now. BUT… in my defense… I caught Irving putting a carton of milk in the freezer this week and he admitted that was a case of pregnancy brain too! Can guys get it too?! =)
- We had a catered lunch this week and I was grabbing some food for some friends… not one person questioned me when I walked out with four sandwiches in my hand. HAHA I laughed to myself. They weren’t all for me, promise! But thank you world for not judging just in case they were all for me. HAHA
- I’ve also noticed how calm this pregnancy has made me. I notice little things don’t bother me much any more and I find myself letting go of things that aren’t worth fighting for (I’m usually pretty stubborn!) It is important to me that we create a calm, happy, nurturing place for the baby. I’ve been trying to slow the pace down and enjoy these next few weeks and savor every moment.
Items we got for the baby:
- We bought a new car!! More details on that soon.
Highlights of the week:
- Had a great doctor’s visit this week! Baby is still head down and his/her heartbeat is still going strong!
- We went to a Parenting class this week at the hospital. The topic was how a baby can affect your relationship. It was a fantastic class and had SO many great tips on how to co-parent, make time for each other, and raise a healthy child.
- Went to a Coldplay concert!!
- Did another handstand in yoga!
- Enrolled in Daycare! I know, still five months away, but those waitlists are insane!
Goal for this week:
- I haven’t been walking much since I get so tired, but I am hoping to fit in a couple of 2-3 mile walks this week. The closer I get to D-Day, the more I realize I have to be fit! (I still want to try to swim at least once!)
- Read up on labor/delivery/newborn care. Can never know too much, right?
Previous Baby Updates: