I feel… pregnant. I’m still doing great, but I’ve been getting more and more winded and uncomfortable, especially in the evenings. I just flat out run out of fuel by the end of the day. I’m also starting to feel a bit anxious about making sure everything is ready for baby. We potentially only have about FIVE weekends left and that just doesn’t seem like enough time. I’m content with the fact that my to-do list will never completely be clear… but I definitely need to wrap up a few loose ends in the coming weeks before I’ll feel ready.
How I’m feeling: The baby is definitely running out of room in there… there are less kicks and more squirms. Thankfully I haven’t had any jabs in the ribs, but I can tell the baby is positioned high and that is making eating and breathing difficult. You know that feeling when you eat too much and your pants feel tight? That’s how I feel all the time now, only there’s no top button I can undo to find relief. haha
I’ve also been getting a few stomach cramps. I thought they might be Braxton Hicks, but it sounds more like round ligament pain than anything else. I think everything is just being stretched to its limit in there. =)
I’ve also noticed that I have really strong urges to stay home lately. (Nesting, perhaps?) We even nixed our Palm Springs babymoon plans because I told Irving that I just want to enjoy some weekends at home before the baby is here. (But let’s face it, we’ve had our fair share of awesome getaways during the pregnancy, so we definitely don’t feel like we ‘missed’ out on anything).
- Overheating! I sleep with the window open and two fans pointed directly at me… and yet I’m still hot!
- Heartburn. Dairy really helps combat it, so that’s how I can justify a warm melty cookie and a glass of milk. Makes sense, right?
- Round Ligament Pain (?) Just some muscle cramps around my stomach.
- Charlie Horses during the night
Pregnancy Loves: I love looking at all the cute baby things in our house right now! I just can’t wait to show our world to our baby. I’m also dying to know if it is a boy or a girl!!! All my dreams are about baby boys now, so maybe that is a clue??!!
Items we got for the baby:
Nothing specific this week, we’re just busy organizing and trying to figure out what goes where.
Highlights of the week:
- Yoga! I love making new friends and chatting about pregnancy. And I love that my mind can focus on the baby without any distractions in there. And especially now, late in pregnancy, I love feeling strong and confident. (Hello, handstands!)
- We had our 8-hour Childbirth Class this weekend! I loved it! We both learned a lot and it really made us more excited for what’s to come.
Goal for this week:
- Doctor’s appointment this week!
- Interview a couple of Pediatricians
Previous Baby Updates: