As I’m posting this, I only have 20 days til my due date!!! The excitement is definitely building and I’m on the lookout for any and all signs of labor (but so far, nothing yet!) This weekend, we really finished just about everything on our to-do list and it feels great. So now, we just wait!
How I’m feeling: Still feeling pretty great. I do get tired at the end of the day, but I’m still keeping up and for that, I am grateful. I went to Yoga this week and did a couple of longer walks and they all felt great. But by the end of the day, I’m happy to put my feet up. Still feeling lots of squirms, tiny kicks and baby hiccups. And this week also marked my first ‘cone-shaped’ belly. Baby has been hanging out on my right side during the whole pregnancy and now you can SEE my whole stomach shift when he/she stretches out.
- Charlie Horses during the night
- More frequent bathroom breaks (both day and night!)
- Trouble sleeping at night since I can’t really roll left to right anymore. HAHA
- I think the baby dropped a bit this week? (I can’t see it, but people told me they noticed!) My heartburn has been a little bit better and I feel more movement lower in my belly than before. This makes me excited because I know it means we’re getting closer to the big day!!
- Frozen Yogurt! I’ve been looking forward to this all week!! (Gooey brownies, cookie dough and gummy bears! YES!)
- Still on a fruit and cereal kick too.
Items we got for the baby:
- We got a new Glider for the bedroom!! Irving spent all afternoon on Mother’s Day putting it together for me! I love it!
Testing it out in the store!
- My friend, Courtney, made this awesome quilt for the baby!! I am so in love. I love, love, LOVE it!
Photo and puppy belong to Courtney!
Highlights of the week:
- Finished Birth Plan and discussed with doctor! Everyone says to make a plan and be prepared to throw it out the window, but I feel better knowing I’m going in somewhat prepared, but I’m not going to freak out if it doesn’t end up working out as we envision it.
- Installed Car Seat!
- Went on a nice 3 mile walk this morning!
- Finished Nursery!! (I promise a tour by next week!)
- Picked out Baby’s coming home outfit! We have three options, in case the baby ends up being bigger or smaller, but this one is a frontrunner!
- Started packing the hospital bag! That is way more overwhelming than I thought. It’s hard not knowing the exact date we’ll need it! I don’t want to pack too much and then have to wait three weeks and need the things inside! But I also don’t want to be running around if it happens to be earlier! But it’s started… and we have a list. So hopefully we won’t forget anything!
Goal for this week:
- FINISH packing the hospital bag
- Keep working on pregnancy photobook
Previous Baby Updates: